Screenwriting & Life... as I've written it so far.

Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm Back From Austin!! OR Holy Shit it's Halloween!! OR Lindsay Lohan's Nipples!!

Firstly, I have to say that I've been gone for awhile. I'm sorry. I've missed you dearly. I was in Texas.

Ok, now pick up the granola bar you just dropped and tune in for a sec. I went to Texas, yes. I didn't post before I went, I know, but I assure you that it was for both our sakes. Why write when the trip hasn't happened yet? Exactly, I knew you'd see my point - you always do.

Last week I attended the Austin International Film Festival's Screenwriter Conference held at the Driskill and Stephen F. Austin Hotels in downtown Austin, Texas.

That's a lot of capitals.

Over the course of the four or five days I was there [because free beer makes you forget] I went to panels held by screenwriting and filmmaking vets alike, partied at private functions & on Austin's 6th street, and had some very, very interesting and valuable experiences.

Was it worth the almost $2000 it cost me to attend? Absolutely. Would I do it again? Absolutely; it was completely and totally invaluable to what now feels like will be my career. I am in debt to many people for pointing me in Austin's direction, for coaxing me to go. I won't name names here because you know who you are, and simply, for sake of brevity.

It was great. You are great.

Next, a definition:

Hal‧low‧een[hal-uh-ween, -oh-een, hol-] Pronunciation Key -
–noun
the evening of October 31; the eve of All Saints' Day; Allhallows Eve: observed esp. by children in costumes who solicit treats, often by threatening minor pranks.


Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm crazy but, doesn't this strike you as a little... odd? The first thing that comes to mind when I read this is, and I don't think I'm alone here, what little bastards these children are [at least by definition]. Halloween at my future house, when I've grown up of course, will be something like this:

KIDS: (knocking)
ME: (opens door)
KIDS: Trick-or-*SOK!*

That's me punching them square in the mask. How's that for a trick?

Trick-or-PUNCH; that's the system. After an hour I may throw in a kick or two for good measure but, generally speaking, that's how it will work. I think, for added effect, I may also dress up as a teddy bear or something equally innocuous so as to lull them into a false sense of security before the attack.

KID: Mommy, it's a teddy-bear! Like Mr. Binkies at home!
MOTHER: (smiling complacently)

Then *BIFF* - bear paw right in the mouth-hole. Try eating candy after getting mauled you little prick. I guess this would be a good opportunity to grab their candy bag, before they bleed all over it, and close the door.

Am I cynical? Perhaps. Am I a capitalist? Indeed.

And that brings me to Lindsay Lohan's Nipples.

Those of you here via Google, Yahoo, or some other pervert-express are no doubt in shock, disbelief, and utter flaccidity that nowhere on this page are Lindsay Lohan's nipples. I assure you this was nothing more than a ploy, and at the behest of others, to lure you here for sake of hits alone. Send me messages of hate.

YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

Now that's a lot of capitals.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you, sweetie!

xoxo

1/11/06 5:36 PM

 
Blogger aggiebrett said...

It's aboot time.
.
.
.
B

3/11/06 4:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN! I was really looking forward to those nipples! Bloody hell... excellent ploy... I've been thoroughly had.

Cheers

5/11/06 10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Halloween... and I just KNOW you're going to be one of those people that leave your porch light on so that little kids think you're home and end up knocking on the door for 20 minutes in the freezing cold for NOTHING!!

When you get older and have your own house, and I get old and have children I am going to find your house on Halloween and teach my children how to egg the houses of assholes like you.

That's all.
- Ashley

5/11/06 10:54 AM

 
Blogger R[w]C said...

hahaha I'm an asshole? who knew? :)

6/11/06 12:41 AM

 
Blogger Matt Bondy said...

Hey bud,

Hope things are good in your end. Glad you enjoyed Tejas.

Cheers,
Matt

9/11/06 8:19 PM

 
Blogger Systemaddict said...

SUp buddy..

Just dropping a note.

Had fun with you...lets do it again next year.

11/11/06 9:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to go to TX. It must have been exciting!

12/12/06 6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home